Do Good, Feel Good
Sunday, March 12
9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Join with your Temple family for a feel-good day of engaging activities and learning to repair the world.
You can enjoy the connection and energy of our Temple community over bagels and coffee in the morning followed by a spiritually enriching opening program led by Rabbi and a guest meditation teacher. Then, we’ll do mitzvot together until we enjoy a seated lunch (register HERE). There will be more fulfilling activities in the afternoon, including off-site visits to seniors.
It’s an opportunity for everyone—religious school students, teens, and adults—to make a difference in the lives of others, near and far, who need our support.
- donating blood, open to the public (please spread the word!); sign up to give blood
- visiting seniors at Fairview and Forest View—first time in 4 years!
- building bears for hospitalized infants—NY Presbyterian Hospital
- assembling school supply and hygiene kits for immigrant schoolchildren in Astoria
- collecting gently-used or new, plastic toys for deserving kids…and the earth, too!—Second Chance Toys
- preparing personal sanitary items for girls worldwide—Days for Girls—see here for details
- making care packages for homeless college students—LaGuardia Cares
- preparing lunches for the food insecure—Corona 7th Day Adventist Church
- making gift bags for local seniors
- crocheting/knitting blue hats for peace and quilt squares and blankets for children—Project Linus
- creating cards and raising funds for our troops—Eagles Up!
- raising funds for the Ukraine—Razom
- learning about environmental advocacy, newly arrive immigrants, and how to be an upstander
Click HERE for the full schedule.
Click HERE to register for lunch by Thursday, March 9. Advanced registration is greatly appreciated.
To donate to Mitzvah Day, click HERE.