Act from the Heart: Make a Difference
Sunday, March 13
9:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
Join our Temple community for a fulfilling day of hands-on activities and learning to repair the world.
It’s an opportunity for everyone – Religious School students, ToFHY, and adults – to make a difference in the lives of others, near and far, who need our support. We’ll be:
- donating blood, sign up to volunteer for the drive below and sign up to give blood HERE
- making gift bags for seniors at local nursing homes
- preparing lunches for the food insecure and Ida disaster victims
- crocheting/knitting hats and scarves and creating cards for military personnel
- preparing menstrual supplies for girls world-wide – Days for Girls – click here for more information
- assembling hygiene supply kits for immigrant women in detention centers
- revitalizing our Temple- a great kids project! Polish the silver, brass, and wood in the sanctuary and more. Sign up below.
- learning from local climate advocates how to combat climate change
- hearing about disaster relief work here in Queens and emergency preparedness
Plus, you can enjoy the connection and energy of our Temple community over bagels and coffee in the morning and a seated lunch in the afternoon. Click here to register for lunch by Thursday, March 10. Due to Covid protocols, registration is greatly appreciated.
Click here to see the full schedule and more details about the day’s programming.
Be sure to click the links above and dropdown boxes below for more information and to sign up for some of the activities.
Please note that all of the Temple’s current Covid protocols will be followed for Mitzvah Day.
To donate to Mitzvah Day click here.